2020 Theron Pickle Memorial Scholarship
Background: The Theron L. Pickle Memorial Scholarship was established in 1998 following the untimely death of Coach Theron Pickle, who coached club swimming through high-school swimming in Texas for over thirty-five years and, thereby, touched and influenced the lives of many swimmers. Coach Pickle is a former president of TISCA and a past recipient of the State Coach of the Year Award. In addition to this scholarship for student swimmers, the Theron L. Pickle Lifetime Achievement Award has been created to honor Texas high-school coaches.
Description: Four scholarships totaling $4,000.00 (4X$1000) will be given each year to two male student/swimmer/diver/water polo player and two female student/swimmer/diver/water polo player. This is a one-time scholarship per recipient with the money sent directly to the college/university of choice to help cover first-year expenses.
- Must be a high-school senior
- Must have received one varsity letter in swimming, diving or water polo
- Must plan to attend a four-year college or university, provide acceptance letter
- Must plan to compete in college swimming, diving, or water polo. (Must provide acknowledgement letter from coach)
- Must completely fill out the application
- Must have three letters of recommendation, each emailed or mailed separately
- One from your high school swimming coach
- One from an academic teacher
- One from someone else who knows you well
Application Deadline: May 1, 2020
Email/Mail applications and letters of recommendation to: